Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Foot Update

I went to the ortho specialist today. Looks like I'll be in a cast for 6-8 weeks. I need to go back in two weeks to get xrays done again... we need to make sure the bone is healing in the proper position or we'll need to do surgery. Of course, this also means no driving for 6-8 weeks. Then there's Christmas shopping. Guess I'll be doing my shopping via the internet.

Look on the bright side... we have a one-story home, so there aren't any steps to worry about. We also already have a handicap hanger thingy for the van (for the girls), so I won't have to walk so far.

Here are pics of my foot after the splint came off (but before the cast was put on)... these were taken with my phone, so they aren't super clear, but you can sort of see the swelling and the bruising (yeah, my foot isn't normally that blue).




1 comment:

Teresa said...

Oh, Nicole, that looks BRUTAL! I can't believe it just broke like that!! Here's hoping you get lots of rest and sympathy as you heal...


Teresa =)