Tuesday, November 30, 2010

X Rays

I went back to the ortho doc today to have my cast taken off so they could do more xrays. Here's what it shows 2 weeks post-fracture.


See the gap (where the arrow in the circle is pointing)?? That's not supposed to be there. It definitely hasn't begun healing yet, but he said he wasn't too worried. It doesn't hurt as much now, so he believes that to be a good sign that there is some healing going on and that the bone will pull back together in time.

He gave me an air cast to wear for the next 4 weeks.


I still can't put any weight on it... we're hoping to put a little weight on it at the end of December, but until then, I'm still using the crutches. At least I can take the air cast off when I take a bath. Other than that, I'm supposed to leave it on to allow things to come together and heal.

My foot still looks bruised, but it's better than last time.


Oh, and to add to all the craziness, I also have strep throat. I've been on antibiotics now for 24 hours, so I'm feeling a bit better. I think I just need more rest. My body is just shutting down for some reason. I need to get up enough energy to put up my Christmas decorations... Courtney loves seeing the Christmas trees and lights in the stores.   :)

3 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

You poor poor thing. I can't even imagine how you are handling all your Mommy duties with your poor foot. Extra hugs!

HennHouse said...

Oh, no!

As I am familiar with foot x-rays as of late, I can tell that you've got some healing to do... I hope the cast works and you are able to take it easy enough to heal!!

Adrian Roberta said...

Nicole, we're praying for you. It must be challenging expecially with it being Christmas. Thanks for sharing your update though, X-rays are soooo cool to look at (-: