It was a very busy weekend here. The Children's Choir had their musical on Sunday... It was a little early this year because we wanted to tie in with Operation Christmas Child. I wasn't sure what to expect, as this is a very young group... but they did GREAT!
My mom came up for the musical, so we all went out to lunch afterwards (Scott was actually in Tampa). After that I went to the Spina Bifida Association of Central Florida's board meeting. I will now be serving on the board... I'm very excited about this opportunity. I hope to continue raising awareness for SB and look forward to getting to know the local families affected by SB.
After all this, I was exhausted on Sunday night. As I was getting ready for bed I thought to myself, "wow, I could really use a little break." Be careful what you wish for!!!!! I was picking up Katelyn from school yesterday and ended up breaking my foot. I was stepping off the curb after buckling Courtney into her carseat, and I must have misjudged where it was or something. All of a sudden I just felt my foot buckle under me. Heard and felt the cracking too. I managed to get into the van and drove home mainly using my left foot (yep, broke the right one). We got into the house and I sat on the kitchen floor and called Scott. For those that know me, you know that I have a pretty high pain tolerance... I just couldn't stop crying. It hurt so much. Scott was over at the Cape (Kennedy Space Center) and immediately drove home. I was able to crawl to my room where I grabbed some old crutches from a previous injury. I then made lunch for the girls and cathed Katelyn while waiting for Scott to get home.
Of course, that story seemed too lame... so Scott decided we needed to come up with a better story. I think the latest version is that there were several assailants that broke into the house. In order to protect the girls, I attacked them with my awesome karate kicks. One of them must have been wearing armor or something when I kicked him, which is how I broke my foot. The girls, of course, came to the rescue. They started talking to the guys and asking them all sorts of questions. Then they tried to get the assailants to play dress up... at which point the assailants ran out of the house screaming. LOL
I go to an ortho doc this morning to determine if it will heal properly. Right now my foot is splinted. It hurt really bad last night (even with the pain meds). I think it just started swelling more because it felt like it was literally on fire. I ended up having to take off the bandages for a while and ice it down... then I was able to sleep for a couple of hours. Right now I'm just seriously frustrated because I can't drive or do anything useful. I'm not one to just sit around... and I hate to be a burden. Praise God for friends... a woman in our neighborhood offered to pick up the boys and drive them to the bus stop in the morning (they walked this morning... which is fine, but I do worry if they made it there). Another friend is going to pick up Katelyn and drop her off at school and bring her home. And yet another friend is bringing my to the doctor this morning.
So, the moral of the story is... don't ask for a break unless you really want a "break!"
1 comment:
Awwww....that stinks. Please know that I'm thinking of you.
Extra hugs!
Post a Comment