Monday, September 13, 2010
Walking... a little
Courtney took a few steps unassisted yesterday. She's not comfortable doing it, but she did it. I'm wondering if she has more sensation in her legs than she did before. I remember Katelyn was nervous about walking at first (post-surgery) because she could feel the bottoms of her feet... must have been a very strange feeling. Courtney is pretty frustrated since she can't get around like she used to. She resists somewhat when I ask her to try walking, but we have to keep working on it... a little each day. It can be tough forcing your child to do something that they don't want to do, but it must be done. We have a follow up visit with our neurosurgeon next Monday. We may need to get a script for physical therapy if she hasn't progressed much by then. Only time will tell. At least for now it seems that bowel and bladder sensation/function are good!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad to hear that she is doing well! I just caught up on her recovery. What a little trooper you have.
Yippee for progress. Thanks for keeping us updated. She's been on my mind constantly.
Good for Courtney! Hoping for a speedy recovery and saying an extra prayer for your little sweetie!
~Meghan~
journeywiththecrosiers.blogspot.com
Post a Comment