Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 4 - We Are Home!

I think the title says it all... WE ARE HOME! Courtney was discharged around noon today. She has enjoyed being back at home and looks super comfortable sleeping in her own bed. She still isn't walking, but she has cruised along on the furniture and is getting around by crawling.

I was able to take a better look at her incision today (since I have to clean it and change the dressing now that we're home). It's about 14 centimeters long. I took pictures of it so I can compare if it starts to swell or get red... I did that with Katelyn's incision too, and it really helped. Courtney is definitely tender along the incision, but that should start to fade... especially with her being more mobile now. She's taking Tylenol/Motrin for the pain, and seems to be doing pretty well on that. She was completely exhausted this evening... she actually fell asleep while she was eating her dinner. It'll take a little while for her to regain the strength and stamina she had pre-surgery.

As for me... I'm pretty exhausted too... so I'm off to bed. Thanks again for all the prayers and good thoughts over the past several days. Keep them coming... the little one still needs them so she can make a full recovery!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!
So glad y'all are home and that Courtney is doing so well.

Musings from Kim K. said...

I hope everyone slept well last night and that Courtney's recovery continues to go well. Extra hugs!!

HennHouse said...

Yeah!!

We'll keep praying!