There was nothing on the schedule for us today, plus it was cold and rainy... so we took it easy. Courtney woke up in a pretty good mood, and she had a blast playing with some new friends at breakfast. Watching her look up to the older kids was super sweet... I can't wait till she meets her brothers and sister!!!
After breakfast we went up to the playroom in the hotel... a bunch of the kids were playing, and Courtney joined in. When it was time to go we went back down to our room. I was worried that perhaps she wouldn't be happy sitting around in the room, but she found some toys and made herself happy playing with things. We shared some snacks and just hung out for a while. Later we took a quick dip in the pool and then headed back to the room for a nap.
We had another breakthrough today when Courtney called me Mama. I had been having her call Scott "Daddy," but I had not said anything about myself. I know she was very attached to her foster mom, so I didn't want to upset her by having her call me anything. Imagine my surprise when she said that and pointed to me?!?
Tomorrow is another "free day"... I think we'll head over to the museum with several of the people in our group. We realize it may not be the most interesting of things to do... but we need to get out of the hotel!
11 comments:
Awww...that melts my heart. I'm so happy for you.
I am so glad about the 'mama'! :) You are doing great...and getting closer to home every day!
What a special day...Mama!!!
Congrats Mama!! It's such a great feeling to hear that voice you've dreamed of call you mama that first time! Enjoy your bonding and the museum... We were impressed with the size and history shown if it's the same one we visited:)
hey nicole-- my husband uses a vpn for his work- so it looks like we should be able to blog too!
question-- there have been reports in the past of lice outbreaks in the anyang kiddos-- any of that in your group? wanted to know if we needed to bring lice meds
thanks!!! she's a cutie!
Following your journey. We are SO jazzed for your family - Courtney is just a doll!
So sweet...she KNOWS her her forever mommy is! :o) What a blessing for Courtney to have been loved so much by her foster family. Their loved paved the way for her to be able to love you all!!!
Nicole, Love all the news and the insight about your journey, thanks for sharing.
Love to your family,
Ash
Wow! and so many smiling photos! Awesome!
Lovely story!
Love following Nicole. Thinking of you all, many times a day!!
Ash
Post a Comment