We went back to the Civil Affairs building this morning to make everything official. For those that aren't familiar with Chinese adoption... you become your child's guardian for 24 hours prior to the adoption becoming final. After that 24 hour waiting period, you go back and turn in some more paperwork... then they give you your official adoption certificate. At that point, in the eyes of the Chinese government, that child is yours!!! :)
So, we are now the proud parents of Courtney Jiaoyang Gower!!!!
So, we are now the proud parents of Courtney Jiaoyang Gower!!!!
Just wanted to respond to a couple of the comments... the video from yesterday's post was not our initial "Gotcha" moment... that video took place a little later. The video from those first moments is rather long... Scott had been taping other Gotcha moments as well, so it's a good 30 minute video. I'll need to take some time to edit that one!! Also, for those that are curious as to how I'm able to blog from China... we're using a VPN. Scott knew that he would have to do some work while we're here, and we didn't want to chance him not being able to access important sites, so we did a one month subscription. It wasn't super expensive, and it's worth it. We've been able to access lots of things... Scott is very happy that he can still do Farmville on Facebook - shhhhh... that's supposed to be a secret!! :)
Here are more pics from yesterday and some stuff from today...
(at the playground at McDonald's)
12 comments:
Congratulations again! She looks so very happy as do you:) What an exciting week this will be for you all!!!
PS- Glad the VPN works for blogger and facebook! ;)
Smart thinking about VPN. I'm definitely loving all the blog updates. Emma asked me this morning when she got up if there were new videos/pictures. She'll be thrilled when she comes home from school.
How's the transition going? Courtney is just precious. She looks so much older than I expected. Maybe it's all that beautiful hair.
Hugs to you all!!
She is just darling! So glad to see smiles. :)
Simply precious!
Courtney is just amazing!! One thing I love about the videos is Scott's laugh - true joy, happiness and love shines through that laugh.
Keep posting!!
Christy
Courtney is precious! She looks like such a joy. It's so great to see you together!
Oh, and my husband is also into farmville. I feel your pain on that one.
Amazing Nicole. How old is Courtney? she is such a cutie!!
Hugggs!
Ash
P.S. Tell Yisha Hi, Guo Yu and Liu NiuNiu are doing very well, and we will see her again :)
She is so cute!It so makes me want to adopt again! Not that I ever stopped wanting to adopt again, just hubby said absolutely not. But seeing your daughter it really makes me want to do it again. Take care and love all the videos she is such a happy little girl!
Congratulations! Courtney looks like she is doing so very well...wonderful for her and you all! :o) What a happy little girl!
Courtney is just precious....she looks so happy and content too! Glad you are able to access your blogger! I'm enjoying the updates and pics!
Tammy
Congrats!!!!!
Nicole, she looks like such a doll! What a cutie.
I was told to get VPN before we went over but I have no idea what it is. lol.
Post a Comment