This is going to be a quick post... as we are exhausted! We arrived in Beijing at around 12:30am (Saturday morning) and got to our room an hour later. Our flight was delayed, so we ended up sitting on the tarmac for 90 minutes. After getting 4 hours of sleep we got up so we could eat breakfast before meeting up with our WONDERFUL travel group!
First stop today was a jade factory. As always, there were beautiful pieces of jade...
First stop today was a jade factory. As always, there were beautiful pieces of jade...
Next stop... The Great Wall!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow... there's just nothing to really describe it. You just have to be there and climb those steps. Some of the steps are just several inches tall, and others are 16-18 inches!!! Yeah, totally uneven... which makes it quite difficult. We made it up to the first tower and are now "heroes."
After that we ate lunch and then got to see some of the Olympic venues.
(rice wine and itty bitty cup you use to drink it)
Finally, we went to an acrobatic show. It was quite impressive. We weren't allowed to take pics/video once the show started... so all we have is this shot of the screen before the show.
We have more pics from Shanghai to post as well... but I really need to get some sleep. I will say that our visit in Shanghai was amazing... the people we met were beyond wonderful, and the entire experience was more than we could have hoped for. It was sad to leave there, but we definitely plan on visiting again!!!
3 comments:
I love following your journey, how was/is the weather?
Was that the first trip to the Great Wall? Bcz last time I am remembering you entered thru Hong Kong? :-) Your Pictures are Wondeful Nicole.
Get some rest, I am so waiting for MONDAY, but not more that you. * wink wink :-)
Best,
Ash
Such great memories. I'm so envious and happy for you, Nicole!!
So exciting! Hope you guys get some good rest. On to Zhengzhou soon and Courtney.
Post a Comment