Thursday, April 15, 2010

We're In China!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After an uneventful 15 hour flight, we made it to Shanghai. We even had an empty seat in our row, so there was extra room to spread out!!  :)  Oh, and Scott asked that I share with the men out there that the NJ Nets Cheerleaders were also on our plane.


After clearing customs, etc... we were met by Kim. Kim and I have chatted online over the past couple of years. One of her daughters and Katelyn are from the same SWI. Kim now lives in Shanghai and is one of the amazing Baobei ladies!!! We then met with several more wonderful Baobei ladies (Tracy, Christine, Kelly, Laura and Cathy Sue), a couple of Baobei children and Noah, the dog! I am so grateful to the ladies we met with today. We have learned just how much Courtney is loved and how deeply she will be missed. Thank you so much, ladies, for all you shared!!




Tomorrow we will visit the hospital where Courtney received her surgery. Hopefully we'll be able to meet with Dr Bao as well. We'll also meet with several more very important people.

For now, it's time to go to bed... we had a very full day, and it's now time to crash!

8 comments:

Emily said...

so is blogger working??? how did you access it? did you have to go through anonmouse??

so glad to see you made it there!!!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Yippee! I'm glad you made it and were able to visit with such wonderful folks. Keep the pics coming!!

Unknown said...

Hi Nicole - I am looking forward to reading of your adventures. I can't wait to read about meeting Courtney.

Much love to you and Scott,

Amanda, Duncan and Hope (Steve, too, but he's in Paris and hasn't read your blog.)

Tom and Becky said...

So happy your flight went well. Have a wonderful time.

Laurie said...

SO glad you are there...sounds like quite a 'day one'! Can't wait to hear more. Hugs!

Mary said...

Glad you made it safely. I spoke to Kim (email) and she told me that she met you guys at the airport. Glad you finally got to meet her face-to-face. I miss her and her wonderful family so much. :o( And Cathy Sue...what a DOLL she is!
BTW, when Neil and I fly we usually book both the window and aisle seats since the last seats to sell are the middle seats. Most of the time we end up w/the whole row to ourselves! On the few occasions that someone did end up purchasing the middle seat, they are always happy to slide to the window seat when we tell them that dh and I are together. Just an FYI I thought I would throw out there. :o)

Christy said...

Nicole,
So excited you are there and I"ll be stalking, esp anticipating Gotcha!!

I wish it was me all over again - you're a lucky mama.

Love,
Christy

Ash said...

Awesome Nicole. Enjoy, thanks for posting. Glad it was an uneventful flight, even with the cheerleaders. LOL
~
How wonderful too, your journey to Shanghai. Amazing all you will enjoy and that you get to share with all these wonderful ladies... And will have this for your daughter(s). Amazing!
Blessings,
Ash