***** By the way... this is going to be a HUGE surprise/shock to our family and friends... sorry we couldn't share sooner!!! *****
While we are finished with Katelyn's adoption journey... we are starting a new one!!!! That's right, we're going back to China. This time we're doing things a little backwards. We already know who our daughter is... now we're furiously completing our Dossier so we can send it over to China and go bring her home! We hope to travel in early 2010.
So... a little about our new daughter... Dang Jiao Yang (Courtney Jiaoyang Gower) is 19 months old today and is from the Kaifeng SWI in Henan Province, but she currently resides in Shanghai, under the care of the Baobei Foundation. She has repaired lipomyelomeningocele (like Katelyn), and she also has club feet. She has already started the castings for club feet and has been receiving physical therapy. We know that she is being loved and cared for, and we are forever thankful for that!
You may have noticed that I changed the sidebar about a week ago... I actually put a pic above the info about Baobei... that's Courtney!!! There are several pics of her on the Baobei site. She's been under the care of the Baobei Foundation since she was about 3 months old... Many thanks to the wonderful people that have been and are currently a part of this amazing foundation. When I found out about Baobei and began collecting supplies and funds for them, I never dreamed that we would actually benefit from the loving care that this foundation provides. Although it will be a while before we travel to bring Courtney home, I know that she will be loved and cared for... and I can't wait to travel to Shanghai one day to thank these amazing people in person!!!!
And now... pics of Courtney!!!!! (Some of these are from the Baobei site)
.jpg)






19 comments:
I'm just thrilled for your family. I'm also extremely envious. She's just precious. I can't wait to follow your journey back. Love ya!!
By the way, I love the new blog header which includes all 4 kiddos. I didn't say that earlier when I sent my congratulations! I'm just so happy for you, Nicole. Hugs!!
Congrats. I am so happy for you and your family. Courtney is adorable!
LOVE LOVE LOVE the header!
So precious!!! In the first photo, the pillow design make it look like she is a little angel with wings!! I know she is!! So happy for you all!
PS - I am sobbing as I think of my sweet girl at preschool for the first time today! I miss her!
Congrats I am so happy for you- I had no idea! She is a doll!
Surprise! And congratulations! I am thrilled for y'all and Be is going to be ecstatic! What a cool little kid! Wow! Don't have the words!
HomeDaddy
Congratulations on your darling little Courtney! What wonderful news. So happy for you and just amazed at how God works!
We'll be praying everything goes quickly with the dossier!
Hugs,
Jennifer
She is just precious. I am so happy for you. Can't wait to follow your trip back.
Wow!! Congrats - we are so excited for you!!
Hugs,
Carla
OH my goodness she is precious. Congrats!
Nicole, this is such wonderful news!! What a beauty!!
Congratulations, and what a cutie!! (I'm part of the SB yahoo group and will enjoy following your journey.)
~Linda from Northern Colorado
She is absolutely adorable! What a marvelous blessing to know that she is being taken care of by such loving individuals and receiving such wonderful care!
Congratulations to you all! Just awesome!
Oh she is just beautiful! Congratulations! How very exciting for your family and wonderful for Yangyang. I have seen her adorable pix on the Baobei site and have admired her, and now you will be kissing those round cheeks in several months. Bless you all. May the time pass quickly.
--Kristin
OH.MY.GOODNESS!!! She is ADORABLE!!!
Can I just say that I wondered out loud when your blog popped up, "Now why are there 4 pictures in the header? And that last one does not look like her daughter? Hmmm …"
Then I scroll down and there is the BIG NEWS!!!!
Congratulations!!! I cannot wait to hear more details!!! Maybe we'll be in China at the same time!!! We're almost DTC. Just need that I800A and have our Fprints on Wednesday! Approvals are coming DAYS after prints! Hope your chase goes smoothly!!!
Congrats Nicole! She is simply adorable!! How wonderful that Katelyn will have a sister to play with. I am thrilled for you and look forward to seeing more pictures next month in Nashville!
MOPS hugs, Amy
p.s. I LOVE what you've done with your blog - the pictures at the top and all. Very nice!!
Hey Nicole,
You already know how excited I am for you and your precious family, but I am even more thrilled for Yang Yang. She is adorable and will be the perfect Mei-Mei for your family.
Post a Comment