Monday, July 20, 2009

FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katelyn had her court hearing today for the "Recognition of Foreign Adoption." Her adoption was finalized in China, and she was officially a US Citizen when we landed in Newark, but this extra (and optional) step gives her a Florida Birth Certificate.

We had an attorney represent us. He was super nice! If anyone in Florida needs an attorney for this, go to his website here. The judge was actually running 90 minutes behind schedule due to some custody hearings... but Paul was able to move us up (although, I truly think the court appreciated some happy stuff!!!). Everything went very smoothly, and the judge allowed us to take a pic with him afterwards. He even took Andrew and Jacob up to his bench and allowed Andrew to sit in his chair.




Now we're off to Lam's for our monthly adoption dinner... yep, we're still going to those. It's nice to hang out with friends!!!

9 comments:

Laurie said...

Very cool! YAY! ;-)

Musings from Kim K. said...

Congratulations. This is wonderful and I love the family picture with the judge. Celebrations all around!!

Angela said...

Congratulations! Rick and I eloped at city hall; I have a fondness for the court house.

Carrie said...

Cool-Congrats sweetie!

Don and Be said...

Great to hang out with you, too!
Last bit of paperwork done!
Splash park?

Alyson and Ford said...

Congrats! We need to do the same thing!

Alyzabeth's Mommy for Ten Months!

kitchu said...

Congrats that is awesome!!

Sharon said...

I used Paul too for our Recognition and he is fabulous! Congratulations on completing this step.

Sharon

Sinthea said...

I want to sqwish those little cheekers! Congratulations!

If I see her on my trip for Baobei, I'll try and get some extra pictures for you!

~Sinthea