We'll start with today's excitement... Andrew and I were in the kitchen when Jacob comes out saying "Katelyn let the hamster out." WHAT!? Andrew and I look at each other then race into his room... the hamster cage appears closed... hmm... maybe it's just another one of Jacob's stories. Then, Andrew spots Furball by the clothes hamper. Remembering our past experience with Furball escaping, we quickly closed the door and set up a barrier to trap him in one corner of the room. Then we put a jar on the floor and put his favorite treat in there. After a while, Furball went into the jar to get his treat, and we were able to catch him and put him back in his home.
So, how did this happen??? Apparently, Katelyn climbed up on top of Andrew's dresser (using the drawer pulls as steps) so she could "pet" Furball. She opened the top part of the cage and he jumped out onto the floor. In all honesty, I'm surprised he didn't get hurt! It really didn't take all that long to catch him this time... so it's all good.
Now we'll move backwards in time to Tuesday evening. Scott and I had to go to church with the kids... he had a meeting, and I needed to run a rehearsal. The kids brought some games/toys and took over the "cry room" while we were doing our own things. The kids are actually used to this, and church is like a second home to them... we really are there quite a lot.
I was in the middle of rehearsal when I learned that my darling younger son decided it was time to expose himself to one of the other children there. According to Andrew's account of the story, she lifted her shirt, then Jacob dropped his drawers, then she dropped hers. ACK!!!!!!!!!!! Now, I do realize that this is somewhat normal behavior for 4 year olds... but still!!!!!!!!!!! I felt like I was back in New Orleans during Mardi Gras (ahhh... the memories of band trips). Yikes!
Needless to say, I apologized to her parents, and we're both able to chuckle about it now, but it was totally NOT cool at that point in time. What leads a child to play show-and-tell like that?!?!? Scott and I both spoke with Jacob about what happened, and I do think he understands that it was not appropriate... but still, I think I'll hide the trench coats in case he decides to be a streaker when he grows up!!!
Hmmm... I wonder what Courtney will add to our already crazy family?!?! :)
2 comments:
I deal with that all the time with my 5 yr old Gemma and her 4 yr old friend Harley! *Sigh* So although we all know they grow out of it, take some comfort in knowing another mom up north is probably dealing with it at that moment aswell (:
There is never a dull moment in the Gower family...hee hee.
Post a Comment