Back when we began our journey to Katelyn, I learned about a tradition that sounded really neat. Families adopting a child from China would gather fabric (accompanied by "wishes" or "prayers") from family and friends. They would then put the fabric pieces together to form a very special quilt for their long-awaited child. The quilt would represent the love that was already present for a child that was not yet home... and it would show that child (as he/she got older) just how much they were wanted!!!
Of course, I immediately got to work and gathered fabric from family and friends and started assembling Katelyn's quilt... The top part of the quilt was completed prior to us even knowing who Katelyn was!
So, now it's time to work on Courtney's quilt... and that's where you all come in!!! If you would like to be a part of this special project, please send an 8"X8" square piece of fabric (cotton, if possible - it's just easier to work with)... along with the fabric, please enclose a wish or prayer for Courtney. Remember to include your name!! Once I've gathered enough squares, I'll begin working on putting them together. Email me and I'll send you our mailing address ngower8875@embarqmail.com.
Click HERE for a website that explains a little more about the 100 Good Wishes Quilt.
1 comment:
Well I just finished reading your posts on SB, and boy am I learning already. Latex allergies! I didn't know there was aconnection. And so much more. Send me your address and I'll send you a square for your quilt (: I'm starting one aswell!
Cheers,
Roberta
Berzenji@gmail.com
Post a Comment