Monday, June 15, 2009

Yuck

Can't think of a better title... sorry... I had a cough for about a week and decided (last Friday) to go to the doctor because I was having difficulty breathing. Just as I suspected, it's bronchitis. The kids have a cough too, but they aren't showing any other symptoms. For some reason, I'm just prone to getting bronchitis and pneumonia... so right now I'm just trying to kick this so it doesn't get worse. I'm supposed to be at VBS right now leading the music part... but the director found a sub for me today - she wanted me to stay home and get a bit more rest. I think I'll be ok for tomorrow... but I'm sure I'll be exhausted afterwards. The doctor did give me a prescription for an inhaler, so at least I can puff on that if I really start having problems.

This is when I'm super glad that we have wonderful kids that play well together... they understand that Mommy isn't feeling the best, and they are trying to keep things rather calm so I don't have to get on them about being too loud while Daddy is working in his office.

In good news... just 18 more days till we leave for vacation!! We're going to go up to the mountains in Georgia. We'll be close enough to visit Scott's grandparents and other family while there, and we'll also have time to be just the five of us. The place we'll be staying at sounds super nice... it's a two-bedroom unit with a loft... so there will be plenty of room for us to spread out. We'll be bringing up some board games, scooters, a football, puzzles and legos... time to relax and spend quality time together! We'll be sure to take pics and post them when we can (there's internet access up there, but we're not sure how reliable it is).

4 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm sorry you have been under the weather. Hopefully, you can kick this out of your system quickly with some medication. Your vacation sounds very similar to our own. We leave on Saturday for our annual Lake Michigan cottage rental get-away. No internet or cell phone coverage. I'll be going through blogging withdrawal. Thanks for Josie's Nick Jr. Bday card. You are always so thoughtful.

Hugs.

Meghan said...

Hope you are feeling better now, Nicole! Your trip sounds great. We are heading out to Virginia on a camping trip in a couple of weeks.

Jaime said...

I hope you get feeling better soon! Especially for your vacation!

Angela said...

Sorry your are not well, but I'm sure vaccation will make your heart sing.