Tuesday, June 9, 2009

One Year

At approximately 10:30pm tonight (10:30am tomorrow in China), we will celebrate one year since Katelyn was placed in our arms. What a difference that year has made. Here are some then and now pics... couldn't get exact poses, but you get the idea.


June 10, 2008 - Nanchang, Jiangxi Province, China


June 10, 2009 (China time) - Home


June 2008 - Guangzhou


June 2009 - Home (different shorts)


Funny Faces


Happy One Year Together Forever, sweet Katelyn!!!!

12 comments:

Carrie said...

AWESOME!

Jaime said...

Oh YAY! Happy 1 year! She is such a beauty!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Happy Anniversary!! Isn't it amazing the changes physically and developmentally? Hugs.

Allison said...

Congratulations on one year together!! The transformation in Katelyn's expressions from the first picture is amazing and a testament to your love!
Allison R

For SMG said...

Wow - she's a beautiful little girl. Our forever family day was 6 days after yours. It's amazing how much our little Stephanie has changed in almost a year. Happy Forever Family Day!

-Gigi, Mark and Stephanie

Angela said...

Happy Anniversary!

Heather said...

Congrats on your anniversary! I LOVE the comparison pictures and seeing how much she's grown in her first year home!!!

Teresa =) said...

Nicole -

I know I'm late, but Happy Gotcha Anniversary!! I can't believe it's been a year already!! WOW!

I had forgotten how much she has changed until you put those "then and now" pics in there. Still love that pixie haircut she had in China...she has the perfect face for that cut! Of course, she'd be cute without a hair on her head.

Teresa =)

kitchu said...

Happy ONE YEAR as a family!!

mumma to many said...

We missed you by a day in Nanchang Our forever family day is 15 June and we arrived there late on the 13th June 2008.
Gosh the year is amazing for our girls! Your daughters hair is so long!
Alices is just starting to grow!
Hugs Ruth in NZ

Don and Be said...

Congratulations, Katelyn! You and your wonderful family deserve each other!
Blessings to you,
The Schafhausers

The Sharp Family said...

Ya know, I had totally forgotten that Katelyn was from Nanchang!! Norah is from there too! I really loved the pics! Our GD was July 13... gotta get a move on with the pics!!