Saturday, June 20, 2009

One Year Home...

Today marks one year since Katelyn arrived home in the USA!!! So what did we do to celebrate??? We had Katelyn walk down the aisle... in a wedding... really!!! Well, not her own wedding... she was the flower girl in a friend's wedding. As we all know, three year olds can be very unpredictable, and Katelyn was no exception. She did a great job walking down the aisle... she tossed the rose petals and all... that is, until the rose petals ran out. At which point she stopped. She continued down the aisle a bit confused, but then turned around and walked back up the aisle to where I was standing in the back with the bride. She remained in the back with me the rest of the time. Of course, everyone thought she was adorable... so all was good. Man, it's stressful being the mom of the flower girl!!! Too much pressure to get her to perform!!! :o)

I don't have formal pics (since I am also the wedding coordinator at our church and had to do that job as well), but I do have some pics from before the ceremony. Hopefully we'll get some good pics from the photographer later. You'll notice that she's eating tic-tacs in most of the pics... hey, when you're there for 3 hours (we got there at 2 to get dressed and do pics... wedding was at 5) before the ceremony starts, you'll do just about anything to keep a 3 year old content!!!!



What?!?! You want a picture of me?!?!?


Ok... I'll smile... but just this once.


Like my feet??? Woohoo... I didn't have to wear shoes!!!


Making Funny Faces...


More Funny Faces...

2 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Happy 1 year anniversary. Katelyn looks simply adorable. We're officially on vacation and I won't be blogging until later this week but I'm glad I was able to sneak in one last peek at your blog.

Love to you ALL!

Laurie said...

Smiley one is great, but I love the third one. I think it SCREAMS "I know, I am adorable." :-)