Who knew that 4 green beans could cause so much controversy??? 4 lousy beans have ruined our evening, and probably the rest of the weekend. All he had to do was eat the beans... but no. Jacob is a stubborn little guy, and he refuses to give in. We've tried so many things in the past, and nothing seems to make him understand that he needs to listen to Mommy and Daddy and do what he's told... so now his room is stripped of all toys and games for 4 days (4 beans, 4 years old, 4 days), and he will remain in his room unless he's eating a meal or using the bathroom (or going to church, school, you get the idea). That also means that he'll be in his room while we play flag football and Rock Band with our friends tomorrow afternoon... yeah... it's not going to be much fun. But we can't allow this to go on any longer. He's really been testing us over the past few months...
So, who thinks he'll give in and eat those 4 beans before his 4 days are up?? Jacob is probably the only person in the world that's more stubborn than me... so I don't know... I'm sure more tears will be shed before this is all over, and I'm not looking forward to explaining all this to our guests tomorrow night... and of course, I've got another big weekend with the youth musical at church... just one thing on top of the other. I'll let you know how it works out...
4 comments:
I can sooooo relate. We've had those weekends. They are painful. Sorry, friend. Hang in there.
Hang after church on the 17th? We won't do beans.
I think he will give in! We have had the same thing with Andrew who will be 4 in June! He normal will give in really fast when something sweet is involved.
oh nicole---I do the same with my 9 yr old son. Dinner is a battle constantly. We once watched him take 3 hours to eat 1 grape!! All you had to do was eat 1!! Then at Thanksgiving this year, we were at my parents cabin for dinner and I did the "you must TRY everything on your plate rule", 1 bite of salad! that is it....well he threw up all over the table, me and my dad! Funny now, not so much then! I am picking battles now, last week it was the disrespectful tone in which he told me he didn't like my cooking that got him in trouble, not the dislike of homemade manicotti! I feel your pain!!
Post a Comment