Friday, May 1, 2009

LOA-versary

A year ago today we received our LOA... this was the letter that told us we were officially approved to adopt Katelyn. I remember sitting at the computer all day... watching the different forums and waiting for people to start announcing that LOAs had arrived. Once they started arriving I worried that maybe our LOA wouldn't be included this time around... I emailed our agency to find out if our LOA was in the batch that day... four hours later we got the good news (they weren't ignoring us, they were just busy getting the paperwork together and contacting the families).

At that point we were told we'd travel in 5-8 weeks... 5 weeks later we were getting on the plane to Hong Kong. :o)

2 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Happy LOA day!! Aren't you glad you aren't worrying how Swine Flu would have played into your travel timeline! Egads. I'm so glad to be on the other side of this now.

Laurie said...

Wow...I don't know if it seems like the world's fastest year or the world's longest...but it surely seems like Katelyn's always been part of your crew! Happy LOA-versary. :-) Hugs to all of you...