Saturday, April 4, 2009

We're HOME!!!!!!!!!!

Yep... Katelyn got discharged this afternoon and we're home. She is still very weak and cannot stand or walk on her own yet... but they saw enough progress to discharge her. Plus, everyone feels that she will do better at home. We will return to see the neurosurgeon in 2 weeks and continue with physical therapy to get her walking again. She cannot bathe or swim for 6 weeks, and we need to clean and treat her incision frequently.

Since this week is Spring Break, we'll be hanging out at home and helping Katelyn get stronger... I know how strong-willed she is, so I have no doubt that she'll be walking on her own in the next couple of days. The challenge will then be keeping her from jumping and trying to do back flips! :o)

Thanks again for all the prayers and good wishes... we are so thankful to have such supportive family and friends!!! Praise God for all of you and for the wonderful staff at Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital!!!!

Now... if you'll excuse me... I'm going to chill out for a few minutes while Katelyn is napping... I am flat wiped out!

1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Praise GOD that you are home. Enjoy the comforts of your home. Please continue to keep us posted on Katelyn's recovery. Lots of love!!