Saturday, April 4, 2009

Surgery Update - Saturday Morning

Katelyn did great with the exercises and sitting up yesterday. The neurosurgeon and physical therapist will be in soon to determine how she's doing... there's even a possibility that we can go home later today!! It hasn't even been 72 hours since she got out of surgery, so we're thrilled! Of course, if we don't feel comfortable going home yet, they aren't going to kick us out or anything... but I have heard that the kids usually improve more at home, so I'm ok with going home early.

I've gotten a good look at Katelyn's incision now... her original scar from her surgery in China was done horizontally. There was no way that the neurosurgeon could detether her cord using that same incision mark... so he made a new one vertically up and down from the original one. It's a good 3-4 inches long and extends down to her tailbone.

Ok... gotta run... time to eat breakfast.

1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm praying that the next post says you're going home!!!