Sunday, March 29, 2009

Poop

Yep... poop...

We arrive home from church today and Scott unlocks the house for the kids while I'm picking up the trash from the van. They open the door to the lovely odor of dog poop. Not just any old poop, but the loose, smelly, nasty stuff... and he did it in Katelyn's room. In the words of Swiper the Fox, OH MAN!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't the first time it's happened... Dakota had some issues a couple of years ago, but we thought all that was finished. Guess not. It's all cleaned up now, but the smell still lingers in our house... glad we're not expecting company in the next couple of days.

On the bright side, at least it happened now and not next weekend when we hope to come home from the hospital. Our carpets really needed to be cleaned anyway, so I guess I'll be spending the rest of the afternoon doing that (especially since we've paid to use the steam cleaner for 24 hours).

Is there ever a normal, uneventful weekend in the Gower household?!?!? :o)

7 comments:

Jaime said...

Ugh . . that is the worst! I hope it airs out quickly!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Yuck. That's certainly not needed right before your big hospital adventure. Have fun with carpet cleaning!!

Carrie said...

No, not if you house is anything like mine, two boys always cause trouble! Plus a little sister to boot. I know the pain! plus don't you have tan carpet?

Teresa =) said...

But Nicole, your posts about your abnormal and eventful weekends always make me LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!

Reminded why I will NEVER again have a dog in my house...

Teresa =)

Carrie said...

I tagged you!

Mary said...

Oh, that STINKS, literally! LOL Thank goodness you had already rented the steamcleaner. Now, with 3 kids and a dog my recommendation is to BUY one! We finally bought one and, boy, did that make my life MUCH better.
I am thinking about and praying for you guys this week!
(((((HUGE HUGS)))))!!!!!

Amy said...

I read this and just had to laugh! I love reading your blog because it makes me feel better about the chaos at our house. To answer your question, NO, there will never be a normal, uneventful weekend when small children are around.