Thursday, March 5, 2009

MRI

Katelyn had her MRI this morning. She was a tad upset that she couldn't eat, but she handled that part pretty well... She was actually doing quite well until we went into the room to check her vitals and do the IV. That's when she lost it. Poor thing... she just kept saying "Mommy up" and "Mommy help." It took them a couple of tries to get the IV to take... The IV itself didn't seem to bother her, but she couldn't stand being restrained (no, she wasn't tied down or anything... I held her and one of the nurses held her arm still while the other nurse stuck in the needle).

They let me carry her to the MRI room where they administered a small dose of sedative so she wouldn't get upset because we were being separated... then they took her from me and gave her more to really knock her out. A little over an hour later she was finished. They actually brought me back before she woke up this time... man, was she out! It took a while before she woke up, but she sure looked peaceful. This time she knew who I was and wanted me to hold her. Last time she was upset when she woke up and kept pushing me away. She still wasn't super happy, and it took a good hour till she was back to "normal," but she's doing fine now. Eating some lunch definitely helped!

We'll get the results of the MRI when we have our follow-up visit next week.

6 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm glad it went as well as it did. I always hate seeing Josie so upset during her procedures. I'll be anxious to hear the results. Please send out the news as soon as you can. I've been thinking about you all morning.

Amy said...

I'm glad the MRI is over and went fairly well. I've been thinking about you. Good luck with your summit planninng :-)

Clint and Jennifer said...

Thanks for the update. I'm so glad it went well, all things considered. We'll look forward to hearing results when you get them. Bet you're glad that part is over!
Hugs,
Jennifer

Angela said...

Good to have that done! I'm glad it went well and she woke up well. I don't look forward to putting Tye under again.

Carrie said...

praying for good results!!

Margaret M said...

Hope things go well and you get to hear soon. It is so odd that we communicated so much before China and then never met while we were actually there. Glad I found your blog, now I can keep up!