Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hamster Warning!!!!

Ok... so, if you've never had a hamster before, you may not quite understand how amazingly fast and squirmy these little critters are. Well, we had our share of excitement for the evening. Scott is up at church for a meeting, and I'm home with the kiddos... so I say, "hey guys, let's all come in Andrew's room and pet Superfast." We're trying to get him used to us... and Jacob and Katelyn have been dying to pet the cute little guy. Anyway, I take him out and sit on the floor (after making sure the door is closed and the dog is not in the room with us) with him. Andrew and Jacob pet him, and then Katelyn starts to... and wouldn't you know it... he wiggles out and gets free. AHHHHHH!!!! Katelyn and Jacob get all excited, and the hamster squeals as he tries to avoid little feet.

Needless to say, it took about 40 minutes and some clever strategery (have they added that word to the dictionary yet??) to capture him and return him to his little home. At the end of it all, Andrew says "I don't think we should take him out anymore." Well, we know that won't last... but I think we'll do our planning before hand next time so we're ready to catch him if necessary. Oh, and when we checked on him to make sure he hadn't passed out from all the excitement... Superfast just stood by the door of the cage ready for round 2!!!! Not tonight, little guy!!!!!

4 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

That's funny. FYI. We've found from five years of experience that guinea pigs are much slower...hee hee.

Angela said...

love it.

Carrie said...

oh man this is why I don't have little pets! I got new pics of Anna Grace on the old blog Ladybug of Love!!

Laura and Erik said...

Nicole,
Glad you cought him! I am laughing because I had a fancy rat when I taught school and it (Fuzzyrunner) lived with Erik and I for a few years. They are fun but challenging-I've been told "NO" on having any more of these pets. Now we just have a terrier who fits her nickname "Crazy Daisy"!