So, if you read the update from the last post, you'll notice that we now have a time for Katelyn's surgery. It'll be at 7:30am on April 1st (we'll need to be there at 5:30am). We are so thankful for all the prayers and good wishes that we have received from everyone... thanks also to those that have suggested things for Katelyn to do while on her tummy. We appreciate all those that are loaning us DVDs for tummy time... as a friend of mine said yesterday, we have the Star Wars DVDs covered, but we are slightly lacking in girly movies!!! :o)
On a more serious note, Baobei is in need of donations to help cover the cost of surgery for several children right now. If anyone was considering sending flowers or gifts to the hospital for Katelyn, would you instead please consider sending a donation to Baobei? I know firsthand how expensive these surgeries are, and I also know how important it is that these children receive these surgeries. We are blessed to have wonderful insurance to cover Katelyn's surgery... and we are blessed that I am able to stay home with the children and care for Katelyn after her surgery. These children need and deserve the same care... and they need our help to do that.
*** No donation is too small!!!!!! Get out that old jar of change and use it to help save a child's life! To read the info and see pics of the children that need our help, please go to
http://www.baobeifoundation.org/index-2.html
Baobei is still working on getting their non-profit status for donations... while they are working on this, another organization has lovingly agreed to accept donations on their behalf and send them to Baobei. If you'd like to make a donation, please send it to:
Sending Our Love: Destination China
5831 Sandhill Drive
Middleton, WI 53562
USA
Please put a note in the memo that it is for Baobei foundation.Tax ID: 32-0107779
4 comments:
I will be praying for you all and I will put you guys on our prayer list at church! hugs!
Nicole,
We spoke of Katelyn's upcoming surgery at the Waiting Families meeting last night. Perhaps you can do a "reply all" to one of Rhoda's e-mails with updates. The group continues to run about a dozen and we had a new couple join who is just starting their paperwork - hope they get their referral before their first SS check.
Hey Nicole,
Good luck with Katelyn's surgery. I am she will be a trooper and with her Super Mom taking care of her recovery, she will creating havoc in no time.
Thank you so much for mentioning Baobei in your post. We currently have a few kids in the hospital that are in need of donations. One little girl less than a month old, named Hope, is the teeniest little thing, but she has stolen my heart. OMG! She is so dang cute. Of course, you know they are all cute. I am so glad they have such wonderful advocates like you, even from miles away. They feel your love.
Hugs to you and Katelyn.
Kim C
I am praying for Katelyn, I hope the surgery goes well. I will definitely make a donation to Baobei. I will send this website to all my friends and see if they can contribute too.
Tara Coxie
Post a Comment