I decided to keep Jacob home from school today and take him and Katelyn to someplace fun... So where did we go??? There is a hotel nearby that has a waterpark in the courtyard area of the hotel... It's not anything huge like Aquatica (the Seaworld waterpark), but it's just the right size for us!!! Aquatica was just a tad too crazy for me... especially with 3 kids.
Anyway, we met some friends there and hung out for a couple of hours. The kids (5 in all) had a blast, and us three ladies enjoyed ourselves too. We took turns watching the kids so we could go down the waterslides. It's been quite a while since I've done anything like that... it was fun! They have a great little kid area that has smaller slides and water that's only 6 inches deep... perfect for the little kids. They also have a lazy river that is only 2 1/2 feet deep. Again... simply perfect for the kids. Jacob was able to walk around the whole thing. Katelyn enjoyed floating on her back (life jacket on, of course). There is also a hot tub and another separate pool and even younger kid area. They even have little cabanas that you can rent for the day. We figured they'd be super pricey, so we didn't even consider it... come to find out, the regular cabanas are only $9 a day, and the deluxe ones (with TVs in them!) are only $15 a day. Uhhhh... yeah, we'll be renting one of those when we go with a group...
Here are some pics of the area... they are from my cell phone, so keep that in mind when you wonder why they aren't crystal clear!! :o)
the kid area



looking at the slides/lazy river from the kid area
Oh, and I meant to add that there is a 24 live camera feed that you can check out online... go to http://www.clarionwaterpark.com/ and scroll down to the bottom. Most of the time the camera is pointing at the slides and lazy river, but today it was pointing at the kid area... so I called Scott (who was working from home) and told him to check it out... he was able to see us!!!
4 comments:
So cool!
I'm loving your water park pictures. Nothing beats playing in the water. I'm envious that your weather is nice enough to be outside. I can't wait for spring to finally arrive in West Michigan. Looks like a great day!!
Looks like so much fun! Glad you enjoyed the day!
Just catching up on your blog... love that little hotel water park! And your pictures are pretty darn good considering they were taken with your cell phone. What a fun place. I just wish I lived closer so I could join you!
Hugs,
Jen
Post a Comment