The first package I sent off to the Baobei Foundation arrived!!! I was told that the babies are enjoying their new clothes, blankets and hats. They will go with the babies to their foster home and with them when they are adopted. It will be their own blanky and something special that they own. Thank you soooooo much to those that have donated so far... Keep the donations coming!
If you are interested in helping the Baobei Foundation, please send baby hats, blankets and baby clothes (boy and girl, 0-12 month sizes). Email me for my mailing address (ngower8875@embarqmail.com). Also, if you are able, please consider sending $2-$5 to help cover the cost of shipping over to Shanghai (my last package cost $59 to ship)... Any additional funds beyond the cost of shipping will be donated directly to Baobei. If you would like to send a financial donation to Baobei, please contact me so I can forward you their information. If you know of any corporations that would like to help Baobei, please let me know!!! They need a great deal of financial support to help these precious children receive the surgeries and care they need...
Here are some pictures of the sweet babies...
Joseph (he had encephalomeningocele removed and had shunting surgery too)
Ben (being held by Jennie, a volunteer, he's a new born with teratoma at the end of his spine)
Nici (she was newly abandoned right in front of the hospital)
Noel (he just had an encephalomeningocele removed and has a shunt in it too)
Not sure who this little sweetie is... didn't have a description in the email I received
Thanks again to everyone for being so supportive of this great foundation. For more information on why I want to help Baobei, see this previous post. You can also visit Baobei's website at http://www.baobeifoundation.org/.
2 comments:
God bless you Nicole! what a wonderful thing you are doing! Does the clothes need to be brand new or can they be nice but used!
Hey, Nicole! Carol (from BaoBei) and I had a wonderful chat last week about what I desire/hope for in regards to the direction of their Retail Items here in the US. Hopefully great things will come of this, and perhaps you and I can partner on this endevore?
At any rate, email me your addy off line at mlrodin @bellsouth .net (remove spaces) as I am sure I can get together more items for your next BaoBei box...in addition to $5 to help to cover shipping to China. Thanks so much for helping to see this need through to the children under BaoBei's care! You ROCK!!!!!
Post a Comment