Well, we did it. The boys are now in separate rooms. Nope, no pics yet... there's a lot of mess when you're trying to switch rooms around... but I'll try to take pics in the next few days. Andrew was thrilled to finally have a room of his own. Jacob, well, he likes it during the day, but he isn't quite as thrilled at night. He has slept in his own room, by himself, for 3 nights now... but I think he misses having Andrew in there with him.
So, the playroom/guest room is no more... instead, when people come to visit, Jacob will sleep in Andrew's room, and the guests will sleep in Jacob's room. It's nice to be able to separate their stuff and give them plenty of space to play. Jacob's room will end up having a Star Wars theme (go figure), and Andrew wants a football themed room (which works out perfectly since Vivian gave him some football stuff last year).
I found out a couple of weeks ago that one of Katelyn's friends from her orphanage was also in foster care for some time... and like us, their agency knew nothing of it. Their son was sponsored by the same organization that Katelyn was sponsored by. Anyway... Angela mentioned that she let her son look at the pics and he pointed to the foster parents and called them "mama" and "baba" (mommy and daddy). I realized that I had never shown Katelyn the pics of her with her foster mom... so I pulled them up on the computer and she immediately said "mommy!". Then she turned and looked at me and said "mommy" and gave me a huge hug. I guess maybe she does remember... I do wish we could have contact with the foster mom... but I don't know if that will ever happen.
3 comments:
Congratulations on the boys getting their own rooms!! It's funny. Emma has refused to sleep in her own room and so we are now making Josie's room a combined room for both of them. Go figure!! Their new furniture is schedule to arrive tonight.
I wonder how much Katelyn remembers of her foster mom? It gives me the chills (in a good way).
Hugs!!
Can't wait to see the rooms...and what the "mommy" comments (both of them!) make me smile. Smart one, your girl.
It is very common for the SWI to deny/hide the fact that the children were in foster care. This is a puzzling situation that I still have never figured out. Your children are beautiful!
Kay
Post a Comment