I have recently learned of a foundation that has been started to help orphans in China receive surgeries for neurological conditions (ie. spina bifida). This is a very small organization, and they have yet to focus on spreading the word here in the USA. This is an organization that I want to support with all my heart... They also help with the care of the child after surgery (healing homes).This foundation is also working with the orphanages to get the necessary paperwork filled out so that the children can be placed up for adoption. Many orphanages do not realize that there are families that are willing and able to adopt a child with Spina Bifida... so they don't even send in the child's file. These children need loving families!!!!! I may not be able to adopt them all, but I can be a voice for these children.
If you are looking for an organization to support that will truly affect the life of a child, please consider visiting their website at http://www.baobeifoundation.org/index.html.
1 comment:
Nicole,
Need your e-amil address (any communications from you have been keyed from our blog) to send you some pics of the kids from Monday evening. I had a good time with your kids.
Don
Post a Comment