Everyone here is doing well. We're excited because the temps are finally starting to fall a bit... I even heard on the news this morning that our highs early next week might be in the 70's!!!! Andrew is doing well in school. His test scores have been really good, and he seems to be enjoying it a lot more (especially now since the child that was picking on him is no longer in his class). Jacob had his 4 year old check-up last week. He is 40 1/2 inches tall and weighs a whopping 35 pounds. His biggest thrill lately is his new Batman shoes. Katelyn continues to do well in physical therapy. We recently put inserts in her shoes... they help lift her heel and force her to use the muscles that are weak. We can already see an improvement in the way she walks, and the therapists are very happy with her progress. Of course, today during therapy she decided she did not want to do what Ms Marie wanted her to do... so she kept saying "NO!" the entire time. Oh dear... that lovely 2 year old attitude is strong with this one!
Oh, and we are super excited to let everyone know that Katelyn's cute little pixie orphanage hair cut is finally starting to grow out!!! Below you'll see a few pics of our first ever attempt at pseudo pig tails. Yes, I know... I need to work on making the part straight (something my mom always did amazingly well)... definitely a difficult task with a squirmy child!

Jacob had to get in on the act too... maybe we should put his hair in pig tails!!!

getting ready for therapy
Here are some pics of Andrew's football game a couple of weeks ago... he's having a great time playing, and Scott really enjoys coaching the kids.
And finally... a cute pic of Katelyn wearing a sweater that was made for me when I was little... yes, it was actually cool enough one morning for her to wear it! Too sweet!
Guess that's about it for now... I'll have to do an additional post soon after I video Katelyn saying her ABC's. Well, sort of... it's more of a mimic-type thing... but it's still cute!





3 comments:
Welcome home from your convention. I think getting away is healthy and so needed. I'm secretly plotting some work conference in a distant location (hee hee). I love all the pictures and updates. Keep them coming. I need my Gower family fix every now and then. Bring on the cool temps. I need those pesty mosquitoes outta here and away from Josie.
I just trimmed Tyler's hair for the first time this week. It created an odd sense of ownership, that he now has a family trim, not the orphanage bowl cut. And yeah, Im still waiting for his hair to really start to grow.
Love the pigtails! I am "tagging" you- see my blog for details:)
Post a Comment