Monday, August 4, 2008

Weekly Update

Wow... it's been a little while since my last post. Oops. Guess we got a little busy here. The kids and I went to my parents' house last week. Kind of a last minute thing as I realized that school would be starting up soon!!! Everyone had a great time, and Katelyn did really well considering it was a new place to her. She even slept fairly well (she's just a restless sleeper... so I didn't sleep well).

Oh, before I forget... wanted to post this pic from a playdate we had last week... Too sweet!

Ok, so what's on tap this week??? Well, tomorrow I have a leadership training meeting for our local MOPS group. Wednesday is Andrew's follow-up cardiologist appointment. Hopefully we can stop going to these every year... but who knows? He still has a little hole in his heart, which should have closed by now... so we're just monitoring it. Thursday I'll head over to the Chinese grocery store to buy food for the party on Saturday (keep reading). My parents and nephews will be here Thursday night... and we'll all go to Aquatica on Friday (Sea World waterpark). Then on Saturday we'll be celebrating Katelyn's homecoming and the start of the Olympics. It's just a little drop-in type thing... but we're looking forward to seeing some friends that haven't met Katelyn yet... especially all our adoption friends!!!!

So it's another busy week for us!!!! Well, gotta run... I have a church meeting to go to in just a bit, so I need to cook dinner. Take care!

6 comments:

kitchu said...

Wow you guys are BUSY! Love the pic!!

Laurie said...

CUTE pic...can't wait to see you, either! :-)

Musings from Kim K. said...

Sounds like a busy week ahead and I can't wait to see your upcoming party pictures.

Caroline said...

Nicole,

I love seeing the photos and reading your updates. You are doing so well. Its so amazing to me that Katelyn is home and her life with your family has begun. We only have a few weeks before the craziness of school is upon us! thinking of you, Caroline

Unknown said...

Keep the updates coming!

Happy early birthday! (I'm bound to forget otherwise!)

Evelyn said...

Hey Nicole, Your family looks great! Your kids are simply the cutest and I am so happy for you. Katelyn looks like she is simply right at home, which is great! I have been looking for you at Cornerstone, I started going about a month and a half ago. Hopefully we will run into each other soon.
God Bless!