Saturday, July 26, 2008

What we did this week...

Yet another busy week here... We had playdates on Monday, Thursday and Friday! The boys love getting out of the house (Andrew is sooooo ready for school to start again!), and Katelyn is doing really well at playgrounds. We spent Monday morning with my friend Vivian and her two children... Her oldest is a year younger than Andrew and her youngest is 6 months younger than Katelyn. The kids got nice and sweaty as they ran all over the place! On Thursday we spent the morning with my friend Melissa and her three children. Her oldest is a year older than Andrew, her middle child is Jacob's age and her youngest is Katelyn's age. We started out at a nearby playground but ended up leaving because a busload of high school kids showed up... too many big kids for our little guys and gals. So, we left and went to Burger King so the kids could play in the indoor playground... worked for us!

Friday was a really busy day. My friend, Shelly, came over with her daughter, her daughter's friend and her niece and nephew... add our 3 kiddos, and there was lots of fun going on here! Shelly's niece was also adopted from China. It's the first time the girls have been together... and they looked oh so cute together!

After Shelly and the gang left, I took the kids to meet up with Vivian so we could see a friend of ours (Christy) that had not met Katelyn yet. Then we had to head over to church where I had to run a wedding rehearsal (I'm the wedding coordinator at our church). After that we went out to dinner with Daddy at Chick-fil-a (first time back there since China). The kids ate and then played in the inside playground thing. Jacob played with another child that was there while Andrew helped Katelyn climb up the play structure over and over and over again. She loves climbing in those things...

Today we went to Andrew's evaluations for Upwards Flag Football... he did really well and can't wait for the season to start. Sounds like he will have a separate practice day this year. Last year he had practices and games all on Saturdays...

Katelyn has her next set of shots on Monday... should be lots of fun! Then on Tuesday we'll go to my parents' house for a few days (just me and the kids...). It'll be the first time Katelyn will sleep somewhere besides her own bed since we've been home. It'll also be the longest car ride... right around 3 hours. We have a playdate that morning before we leave, so hopefully she'll be tired enough to take a nap!

8 comments:

kitchu said...

Outside of the doctor visits, sounds like you guys are having tons of fun! Have a wonderful time at your parents :O)

Musings from Kim K. said...

Sounds like a busy week and you have a nice week ahead with a fun drive in store. I'm teaching at our Northern campus (2.5 hours away) on Thursday and bringing the family to stay over night. I'm hoping that Josie behaves herself during the car ride and our stay in a hotel. She's still a beast when it comes to traveling. I'm loving the blog. Keep the posts coming!! Hugs.

Carrie said...

I love the new site!

Unknown said...

I really like what you are doing. We no longer need tape and pictures in a binder; this is a wonderful replacement. We are proud of you and Scott. We love the kids.

Love Pops.

Laurie said...

Very busy week...but lots of fun!
And a nice three hour car drive will be great practice for when you bring Katelyn to visit Hannah! :-)

Meghan said...

Hi Nicole! I love your new site as well:) Can't wait to catch up!

Don and Be said...

Wonderful lookin' family!

Caroline said...

This is such a fun blog. We really apprecaite being able to "watch" your family adventures. I know, I know....I have to start our family blog. August for sure! xoxo, Caroline