You know, there's nothing like being reminded that you are about to be a year older... and when that reminder happens to be broadcast on the TV constantly, well, as a friend told me "aren't you glad it's not a major milestone birthday?"
See, the Olympics happen to start on my birthday this year... so when 08.08.08 starts flashing across the screen to remind everyone that the Olympics are getting closer, it just reminds me that my birthday is getting closer too. Actually, I'm perfectly happy being almost 33... I've been married for 11 years and have 3 wonderful children (one of which I wouldn't have if I wasn't at least 30 yet - rule for Chinese adoption). My life thus far has been good... I have no major regrets, and I'm glad that I've been "around" this long! We are so blessed that our lives (Scott's and mine) have improved dramatically since we first met. According to discovery.com, at this moment in time, my heart has beat 1,249,515,144 times and I've taken 260,315,685 breaths. Cool, huh???
I'll do a post with some pics soon...
2 comments:
Happy almost birthday! How cool that you get to share the spotlight with the Olympics. How fun. I'm feeling very old after reading your entry. I hit the big 40 just a few months ago. Having a toddler certainly keeps me young. Hugs, my friend. We'll look forward to your pictures later.
PS. I posted a video of Josie and Emma swimming. I can't wait to get our kiddos together next year.
Yes, Happy Birthday! Wow for a short month we will be the same age- that is until I turn "34" in September. Wow! I still feel like a teenager:)
Post a Comment