Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Break

The kids were out of school for Spring Break this week. It was quite a busy week!!! We went to the Science Center on Monday (thanks Jen & Shelly!)... they had such a great time we ended up becoming Orlando Science Center Members. Yearly fee was only $125 for our entire family... all SIX of us! Can't beat that price. Here are some pics from Monday.



the orange grove area






feel the force of the wind (up to 77 mph)





On Thursday we went to Disney. Let me try that again... on Thursday I took 5 kiddos to Disney. Andrew's friend's grandmother works at Disney, so he spent the night here on Wednesday and then his grandmother let us in on Thursday. We had a lot of fun, but I was exhausted at the end... I was so excited that I arrived at the park AND left the park with the same 5 kids!!! LOL. Now I feel confident that I can take my four kiddos on my own without any problems. Here are some pics from Disney (taken on my phone, sorry for the poor quality).

if only Jacob would smile... argh


we watched them feed the fish at EPCOT






yum 

dino dig

Oh... and for anyone considering a trip to Disney that has a SB kiddo still small enough to be in a stroller... you can get a tag to put on your stroller which allows it to act as a wheelchair. That was super helpful when going through lines for rides. I never had to leave the stroller at the entrance to the ride... so Katelyn and Courtney could ride all the way up to the ride itself. VERY helpful when your kiddos tire easily (especially when Courtney still tends to get tripped up when walking). Just go up to guest relations and explain that you have a special needs kiddo and would like a tag for your stroller. Keep in mind that this does not allow you to go to the front of the line or anything... it just allows you to keep your stroller with you (and they drop your stroller off at the end of the ride so you can put your child right back in it).

All in all... a good week. Now, when do I get my break?!?!  :)

No comments: