Yep, we're busy as usual around here. Courtney celebrated her 3rd Birthday on Monday!!!! We had a little party at my parents' RV on Saturday. She enjoyed having everyone sing to her. When we woke up Monday morning, Jacob asked if he could go in to the girls' room to wake her up and tell her it's her birthday. She was so excited. :)
Monday wasn't all fun and games, though. Andrew ended up coming home early from school with a stomach bug. Then, when Jacob got home, he was running a fever and coughing. I called Scott, who came home so he could take Jacob to the doctor (since I still couldn't drive). I told Scott to make sure they did a flu test... and sure enough, Jacob tested positive for Type A Influenza. Andrew looked sooo upset when he heard the news. Apparently, he thought back to last school year when a good friend of ours died from complications after having the flu. I explained that Jacob would be just fine, and that seemed to calm him down. Andrew and Jacob both stayed home from school on Tuesday, and Jacob also stayed home today. Jacob is feeling much better and should be able to return to school tomorrow. Poor kid... he came out shortly after going to bed last night and said he couldn't breathe through his nose. I told him to just breathe through his mouth... his response was "I don't talk when I'm sleeping." Huh?? I finally realized what he was trying to say... He meant that since he wouldn't be talking while he was asleep, his mouth wouldn't stay open. He was worried that he would stop breathing. Once I explained that his mouth would open up if his nose was too stuffy, he was ok.
Going backwards a few days... my parents had an exciting weekend. Mom walked in the 5K and Half-Marathon at Disney, and Dad walked in the 5K, Half-Marathon and Full-Marathon! Not bad!!!! :) My College roommate also did the Full-Marathon and got to meet up with my parents that morning. I'm hoping to get over to see her tomorrow night for dinner!!
On Sunday, the Board of Directors for the Spina Bifida Association of Central Florida met to elect officers and go over business. Not only is it my first year on the Board, I'm also now serving as Chair. I'm excited to be serving the families of Central Florida that have been affected by SB. That said, if you'd like to show your support for those that are affected by SB, you can purchase a great shirt designed by a fellow SB mom. Orders will be taken the last two weeks of January. If you do order one (or more!) shirts, please write "SBA of Central Florida" in the instructions to merchant section... If our chapter has the most support, we'll receive the proceeds to help our local SB families!! Just visit: http://www.urbanupcycling.blogspot.com/ for more info. Kari will be placing info up there very soon. Here's a pic of the flier...
Prices have not been announced, but the last printing prices (including shipping) were $13 for adults and $12 for children's sizes. Click on the pic above to enlarge it.
I had another set of xrays done yesterday on my foot. The doc has given me permission to start transitioning from the boot (cast) to my regular shoes!!! In a few days I should be able to drive again!!! Can you believe it has been EIGHT weeks since I broke my foot?!? Sooo glad to be on the mend... now I just need to be careful not to re-injure it. It's somewhat tender still, and very stiff.

No comments:
Post a Comment