Umm... so I'm a slacker. Sorry! Can I use the excuse that I've been busy??? Seriously... since Courtney's surgery, I've been to at least one doctor with at least one of the kids every week. For a while there, Courtney's incision was not healing. It was getting to the point where she was about to need to go back for surgery again just to fix it. Apparently, she had a reaction to the sutures used... that has now been noted in her file, so if she ever needs surgery again, we WON'T be using that same kind!!! Now that it is actually healing, it looks pretty good, and she was able to take her first bath (post-op) Sunday evening! :)
Katelyn's infected finger is finally better... the nail has almost completely grown out, so it looks much better. Jacob had to go to the doc last week for croup... which meant breathing treatments and lovely steroids which made him a little less pleasant to be around. It also meant that the other three were bound to get sick too. Andrew and Katelyn made it through without much intervention... but Courtney had to go to the doc today to get some antibiotics, as she now has a bit of bronchitis.
Courtney has her new AFO now!!! When she first saw it (at the orthotic place) she shouted "I love it!!!" It was really cute. She also has her shoes with the bar between them. Yeah, that's not going so well. She was fine for the first couple of nights... but with all the coughing, she hasn't been sleeping well... so the bar is bugging her. Oh well. It has to be done.
Courtney has her new AFO now!!! When she first saw it (at the orthotic place) she shouted "I love it!!!" It was really cute. She also has her shoes with the bar between them. Yeah, that's not going so well. She was fine for the first couple of nights... but with all the coughing, she hasn't been sleeping well... so the bar is bugging her. Oh well. It has to be done.
What else... I finally got to meet Tingting this week!!!!! :) Tingting was instrumental in us bringing Courtney home, so I was super excited to find out she would be flying through Orlando on her way home from vacation. She came over and spent the morning with us on Monday... we had lots of fun. Katelyn keeps talking about how much she loved playing with Tingting (although, it was more like Katelyn talked Tingting's ear off!!!!).
| Tingting holding Courtney |
1 comment:
Happy six months! I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by. I'm sorry you've been dealing with medical issues. I hope everyone is on the mend. We're in full Halloween mode at the house. Hugs!
Post a Comment