Last week sure was a busy one!!!
First off, it was the week of the MOPS Convention. For the past 3 years, I had served as the Volunteer Coordinator for the Conventions. Well, I retired from being a Field Leader (and my role as Volunteer Coordinator) this past June. I truly feel that I'm being called to advocate for Chinese orphans with Spina Bifida. While MOPS will always be a huge part of my life, I knew I couldn't do both things... so, I retired from Field Leadership (although I look forward to still being involved in our local group). Anyway... when the Convention was unexpectedly moved from Tennessee to Florida (due to the floods earlier in the year), I was asked to help out. I was given the honor of serving with the MOPS staff members and helping with the offering booth and the resource fair. It was a great experience. The men and women that work at the MOPS headquarters are amazing, and I truly enjoyed getting the chance to talk with them and just hang out.
Besides the Convention, I also worked on a video interview for Love Without Boundaries. They have been doing a video series in regards to adopting children with special needs. When I learned that their next video would be about Spina Bifida, I asked if there was anything I could do to help. I was sent a series of questions to answer (on video), which I did on Wednesday. I've never really done anything like that before. Sure, I've been in musicals and plays and all... but that's all "live." This is now on video where someone could replay it and watch me in slow motion and notice things like how much my eyebrows move or other crazy things. Yeah, I know... it's not about me... and I truly know that. I just wanted to make sure I presented things in the right way. I have no clue how much of the video they'll use (if any of it), but I felt good knowing at least I tried to do something. (special thanks to Mark Fagan, for filming my interview)
Then... the big event... Courtney's Baptism (it was also my birthday, and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate it!)!!!!!! Courtney was baptized on Sunday during our Worship service at PCOL. Ferdi did a wonderful job, and Courtney didn't cry at all!! I really expected her to freak out a bit when Ferdi took her from me (afterall, she's only been home for 3 months), but she seemed to like the attention.
And to top it off... we got to share the day with my parents and with Tracy and her daughter. Megan.
Tracy took care of Courtney when her foster family went out of town. We got to meet Tracy when we were in China, and we were so happy that she was able to be here for the baptism. We hope to visit with her again before she travels back to Shanghai.
So... that was our week. Like I said... it was pretty busy, but it was such a great week!!!!!!!!!
2 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday and Congratulations on Courtney's baptism!! You've been a very busy woman. How cool that you were videotaped for Love without Boundaries. If it's ever made available to the public, I'd love to see it. Please keep me posted.
that is so awesome that you were interviewed! Is this resource for the children or future families, I would love it see it aswell as also find a way to advocate for SB adoptions! Contact me if you know of a way (-:
~Roberta
Post a Comment