Thursday, May 27, 2010

New Stuff

I was doing some research the other day and came across a new blog... it's a compilation from lots of families with kids that have SB. I've been checking out everyone else's blogs, and the stories are amazing. So far, all the blogs I've checked out are of families that gave birth to a child with SB. This is quite different from our experience... as we CHOSE to parent two children with SB. These families were blindsided by SB. Still, we can all learn from each other!! Here's the link to the blog.

I've also started putting lots of our pics onto our Shutterfly site. Many of our friends in China cannot view our blog (since blogspot is blocked there) without a VPN... but the Shutterfly site is still accessible. So, if you ever want to just see a bunch of pics, feel free to head over there.

As for us... we're doing just fine!!!! Yes, we have chaotic days... how can life with 4 kiddos not be chaotic?!?! But it is so wonderful to have everyone together. The girls continue to get closer... I really need to sneak a camera into their room at night and catch the giggles as they are falling asleep. It's just too cute. School is almost over (June 10th is the last day here)... so we're gearing up for summertime fun. That said, I'm trying to figure out what to do to help Courtney... she really needs to wear her AFOs, but we're not supposed to submerse them in water, so I need to figure out what to do when we go to the splash pads around here. Mom and I have come up with a couple of ideas... now we just need to test them! There is no way we're going to let Courtney miss out on all the water fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL kids need to be able to have fun... regardless of mobility.

Well... it's time to run out and pick up Jacob from VPK. Soon he'll be in Kindergarten... he is soooooooo ready for that! This kid is amazing. He can add and subtract and even do some simple multiplication. He's reading very well and surprises us with how much he knows. If only he could skip Kindergarten. Really... he's ready for 1st grade... socially too, but that's just not going to happen. Silly birthday cut-off!

Have a great day, everyone!!!!

1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm so glad to how well things really are going. I'm just in awe of your family, Nicole. I'm serious about getting together for dinner when we're in Orlando for my conference in July. Hugs!