We also stopped by the White Swan to walk around for a bit. Courtney LOVED looking at the fish. There were a couple of other families there (from our travel group), and one of the girls lost her sunglasses in the fish pond... so Scott leaned over the edge (while another man and I held his legs so he wouldn't fall in) and got them back out. I wish I would have gotten pics/video of that, but if I had, he might have ended up swimming with the fish!
Courtney continues to open up more and more each day. She Skyped with the kids this morning and had a lot of fun watching them. We did have to go get some medicine today, though, because she has a little cough and runny nose. She looks perfectly fine and doesn't seem bothered by it at all, but we want to make sure she is good and healthy for the plane ride home! Our CCAI guide went with us to a local pharmacy and (with the help of a couple of people) determined what we needed. Chinese medicine is just way too cool!!! We have 3 different meds to give her over the next few days... all totaling 52 RMB, which is less than $10 US. WOW!
Tomorrow we go to the Pearl Market and then back to the medical exam place to have the children's TB tests read. Courtney's looks fine... so we shouldn't have to get the chest x-rays or anything. After that our group will go to the Italian restaurant there on the island for dinner.
Here are some pics from yesterday and today...
(view from our room during the day)
(view at night)
(boat on river)
(our room)
(watching the fish at the White Swan)
(eating a cookie)
(my new shades!)
(shuttlecock game)
And here are some pics of the construction around Shamian Island...
8 comments:
so sad to see all that torn up:( glad to see jordan's is still htere-- he's so sweet!
Love the "eating a cookie" pic! That's darling! Thanks for sharing! I'm enjoying following your family there in China!
Blessings,
Tammy
Such amazing memories. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to go back someday. Courtney is just precious. We're so happy for your family, Nicole.
Guangzhou, take a picture from/or of your new hotel and that part of GZ, anxious to see that. Can't wait to travel back an see the new improved GZ Shamian Island! :-) are you going to do the red couch photo? Loved seeing Courtney melding right in with you and Scott. She looks content. So I noticed she is wearing corrective shoes... how is she doing all around, besides the cold? Take care and enjoy, enjoy the italian restaurant... they have awesome french toast squares served all day, and spicey green beans! Yum!
LOL, the construction looked like that 5 months ago too! The island is going ot look great when it's all done!
Your beautiful family looks like it is doing soooo well! So happy for you!
~Roberta
Wow! I can't believe the construction! And boy...do your beds look sooooo comfy! LOL
Looks like Miss Courtney turned a corner there in GZ. She is so cute, and looks like she is doing very well. Keep the posts and pics coming as you are able. :o)
Great photos! Sounds like Courtney is really getting into her new family. Courtney's story sounds so much like Leila's. She too had a hard time grieving in Zhengzhou, but things changed when we moved on to Guangzhou. Keep enjoying all your snuggle time! -Kelly
Ohhhh, she is adorable! I loved that pic of her eating a cookie. I sure hope the Island is done by Sept-Nov when I hope to travel!
Post a Comment