Sorry that it's been a while since I've posted. We're still doing ok. We had a snafu with our Immigration paperwork (as if we haven't had enough snafus with our paperwork already!). Our application was finally sent in on 9/11... Then, on 9/21 (the day before I was to leave for the MOPS Convention), I got a package in the mail from USCIS. It was our ENTIRE application. They sent back the app, the supporting documents, the check, even the envelope that everything was sent in. UGH! The letter attached said that the application was rejected because it was missing a page - WHAT!?!? I called USCIS and spoke with a really sweet lady that apologized profusely for the mistake. Apparently, the paperwork is being sent to a new branch now, and they oopsed. So, I sent it all back Express Mail so it would get there overnight. I received a letter today saying that it was received and is being processed. Unfortunately, this will set us back another week or two... but there's not much I can really do about it. I'm just praying that the process is moving along more quickly than what we've been told.
So... what else has been happening... I just got back from the 2009 MOPS Convention. I got to serve as the Volunteer Coordinator again and had a great time. I really enjoyed getting to see the other ZECs (Zone Event Coordinators) and the MOPS staff that I've gotten to know over the past few years. It was absolutely exhausting, but soooo completely worth it (for any ZECs reading this post, I miss y'all so much already!!!).
While I was away at Convention, Scott took care of the kids. Not an easy task, especially since he came down with the flu the weekend before I left. Jacob got sick while I was gone as well... but everyone is on the mend and doing well. Speaking of Jacob, he's 5 now!!! His bday was a couple of weeks ago. He had a small party with some of his school friends on the 19th... believe it or not, it was NOT a Star Wars party!!!!! He wanted to have a rock star party... so, that's what we did. The adults enjoyed some Rock Band game time while the kids did their own thing. No organized stuff... just time to run around and have fun. I'll post some pics in the near future...
Not much else to report right now... but I'm sure I'll come up with something else soon! Please continue to pray for our friend David as he continues to remain in an induced coma while his body heals.
3 comments:
Thats the best kind of Birthday party....no structure, just play. Sorry to hear about the paper work opps....been there and that sucks!
(((hugs))))
~Roberta
Sounds like a crazy juggling act right now. I hope the germ fairy doesn't hit anyone else in your house. I don't miss all that adoption paperwork, even though I'm having MAJOR adoption envy. I can't wait to be with your family in just a few short weeks. Hugs!!
Nicole, you know that I know your frustration. You've witnessed mine first hand. We're 8 months and 1 week waiting for our referral. Soon...I know it! I hope everyone feels 100% and that your friend David makes a full recovery!
Post a Comment