Isn't the paperwork for the second adoption supposed to be easier??? I was so excited about doing our Dossier this time because I knew what was going on. I understood the paperwork, and I wasn't overwhelmed this time. But then... well... I think the Dossier Gremlins found me!!!!
It started with our financial statement... unfortunately, the home values in Florida have plummeted... so much so that it has really dropped our "net worth." There are certain requirements to adopt from China, one of which is a minimum net worth. For a little while there, we weren't sure if our net worth was going to meet that minimum requirement. Keep in mind, this happened after we had already accepted Courtney's referral. Things worked out, but it was not a fun day. It truly felt like I was experiencing another miscarriage.
After that came the problems with my medical form. Back in June I had bronchitis... so, besides other medications, my doctor prescribed an inhaler for me to take. Keep in mind, I haven't used it since the end of June, but she was worried that someone would pull my file, so she marked down that I was using an inhaler for asthmatic bronchitis. UGH!!!! That can't be on the form!!!! I already sent information to China (when we submitted our LOI) stating that neither one of us had any medical conditions. Plus, I'm NOT using an inhaler, and I DON'T have asthma. She did correct the form (which needed to be redone anyway because it was too sloppy), but it seriously scared me!
Now today I find out that our FDLE clearances haven't come in... and no one knows where my payment for the fees is (Check #2041!!!!). Guess I'll be heading up to the office to drop off a check on Monday... that has to be complete before our home study can be completed... which has to be done before we can be approved by USCIS (immigration) to bring Courtney home. And all this has to be completed before we can send our Dossier over to China.
So, where do we stand right now??? Well, we've been told to expect to travel about 4-5 months after our Dossier is logged-in in China (our agency is VERY good, and their time lines are almost always accurate). In order to be logged-in, our Dossier has to actually be there in China. I've been trying to get our Dossier completed as quickly as possible... and things are moving more quickly than last time, but it seems like it's taking forever because I have a sweet little face staring back at me! It took right at 3 months to complete our Dossier last time... but I'm hoping to have everything over to China by October, which would put us traveling in February or March.
Don't get me wrong... things aren't horrible... I'm just an impatient person that wants things to move as quickly as possible!! The faster everything happens, the sooner we can go get our little girl!
6 comments:
That paperwork drama takes me BACK! I hated every step of it. Talk about stress. I feel for you BIG time! Hugs!!
Hi Nicole
I hope your dossier can be completed soon. I do remember how frustrating that could be. Thepics of courtney are amazing. She is beautiful and I cant believe how bog katelyn is looking too. My goodness. I fell the same way about Sammy & Caitlin-way too big!
Kim O'Meara
Nicole, hang in there, you'll get everything sorted and just in time. Praying for you!
Roberta
Nicole -
Oh, how I remember that stress well...made much worse because my Baby Girl was getting older every day while she waited for us to come get her!!
It took me a year and a half to do Carson's dossier...well, the first dossier, which wasn't intended for anyone specific at the time. Molly's took 8 months, which felt like 8 years! Unfortunately, the USCIS doesn't care a lick that there is a gorgeous baby in China waiting for you to arrive...they just take their sweet time.
Frustrating!!
Teresa =)
YEs, I remember the frustration. Not only that everyone in the process has done it a hundred times and shouldn't be making mistakes (which always happen) but also the uncertainty that the changing rules, regulation, economies create.
Hang in there, vent all you need. Keep the faith that you are moving forward!
Yeah, I hear ya. It was easier, but mine didn't go as quick as I would have liked either! We will be DTC this coming Friday though! YEAH! A family w/ our agency just sent theirs last week and was logged in the NEXT DAY! Let's hope they keep doing that for us too!!!
Oh, and I LOVE your agency's timeline. Unfortunately, families w/ our agency are waiting at least 6 months to travel. Ugh! We're hoping for March too.
Post a Comment