That's what I said to my husband a little while ago... We were in the living room (which is actually his office), having a nice conversation, when I realized that I had not heard Jacob or Katelyn screaming at each other in a while. I jump up and run to my bedroom (the light is on but I know I didn't leave it on)... the smell of nail polish remover is overwhelming...
"JACOB!!!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?! GET IN HERE NOW!!!!!!!!!"
"Yes, Mommy... I'm coming." says Jacob
"Who did this (pointing to the mess of who knows what on the floor)?
"Katelyn did it."
"What is it?????"
"I don't know."
At this point Katelyn walks in looking confused as to what is going on.
"Katelyn, what is this???"
"I dunno" she says.
It's really pointless asking her anything... yes, she comprehends and can speak now, but she really doesn't know how to actually answer when asked a question (especially when the answer will probably be followed by some sort of punishment).
By now Daddy is also in the room.
"Jacob," says Daddy, "tell me what this is, son."
"Ummmm..."
After some contemplation Jacob finally points to the empty bottle of conditioner on the floor (which was covered up by clothes). Then we also see the clothes that were in the hamper (ready to be folded and put away)... they are covered in nail polish... we later found out that Jacob used the "Cabernet" nail polish color and Katelyn used the "Bronzette" one. Now Katelyn's clothes look like they are a piece of art... oh, and I guess they tried to clean them by dumping the entire bottle of nail polish remover on the pile of clothes.
So... Katelyn and Jacob have both been sent to bed, and the clothes are being washed. Oh, and the bedroom windows are open with the fan blowing. Now the question is, when do I start sending Jacob for counseling??? He is always destroying things when left alone. He's never doing it in a mean way... he just thinks it's fun to dump stuff or write on things (or paint with nail polish, I guess). He didn't start doing this till Katelyn got home... so perhaps it is his way of rebelling. I guess I should be happy that he's including his sister in the demolition of our house... but right now I just need to beat myself over the head and remember to never leave them alone!!!!
I hope you have enjoyed today's installment of "Nicole's Crazy House of Chaos." Join us next time... :o)
6 comments:
Oh my. Maybe it's a good thing that Emma is 8 years older. She's Josie's 2nd mother and the first to tattle and correct Josie's behavior (which isn't always a good thing). I needed this tonight. I've worked 12 hours today. Your story made me laugh. Love ya!!
hahahahahhaha! sorry it was what I was doing the whole time while I was reading that!
I think you need to send him to science camp, not counseling. It sounds like he just likes to figure our how things work and how things can be used. Maybe he's on his way to an illustrious career as a scientist or engineer.
And, now he has a lab partner!
Raine
CCAI WCP Mom
Ouch! I hear you. We just moved to a "Zander Big Boy Book" which is total bribery but I'll outline it on my blog because it is working wonders.
Angela
Sounds like our place - "Habitat for Insanity" - and WE only have one kid!
Ha! ha! Ha! I have missed reading your posts! xo, C
Post a Comment