Andrew playing with my cousin's dog.
Katelyn and her cousins (2nd or 3rd cousins... can't quite figure that stuff out) swinging
Katelyn tracing Little Grandma's hand
The kids with Little GrandmaThe next set of pictures is from our New Year's Eve party at church... I have more, but I wouldn't want to embarrass anyone!!!!
Andrew trying to play ping-pong with Danny
The younger kids were kind enough to let the more experienced group play!
Steve giving Katelyn a guitar lesson... no strings attached... HA!
This is just a strange pic of Katelyn... she was playing on her own and then came around the corner dressed like this... I quickly grabbed the camera. Not quite sure what she was thinking!!

Today we went to the Chinese New Year celebration up in Orlando at a grocery up there. We missed the Dragon Dance and the Martial Arts exhibition, but we did get there in time to see the drumming. Really cool. Here are a couple of cute pics. I love the one of the kids all together... Seeing Katelyn with Jacob like that is just too cute!


Last but not least... just wanted to give everyone an update on Katelyn... she went to her second Spina Bifida Clinic on Friday. Overall she had a great visit. We can start trying to potty train now... although we don't know how successful it will be. We'll do different tests the next time we go to clinic (I've heard they are not much fun...). Those will give us further insight into how she'll be able to function later. We are going to be monitoring Katelyn for the next couple of months because she is complaining of back pain. This may be a symptom of tethered cord. We knew at the last clinic that her cord is tethered, but until she is showing symptoms, the neurosurgeon did not want to recommend surgery. Now that she is showing one of the symptoms we are going to watch her closely and see if we need to order a new MRI. It may simply be that she is feeling a bit of temporary pain because she has grown so much in the last 6 months. We'll just have to wait and see.
Well... guess that's about all for now. Chinese New Year (or Spring Festival) starts tomorrow!!! Have a wonderful year!
4 comments:
How fun to get caught up on all the Gower happenings. Great pictures. Katelyn just keeps getting cuter and cuter. Enjoy Chinese New Year! We're planning on celebrating as much as possible. Hugs!
Happy Lunar New Year!
Wishing only the best for Katelyn. Missed your tribe @ Waiting Families this month. Happy CNY.
I celebrated Lunar New Year as well! I think I know the Orlando store you're talking about. We almost went there a couple of months ago.
Little Grandma looks great! I haven't seen her in ages, but she doesn't look much different!
Post a Comment