Well, Monday was the first day of school for the kids... it was also the first time that Andrew took the bus to school. He was quite nervous about it and shed a few tears as we walked up to the bus stop (the kids at the bus stop sure looked good in their new school uniforms - this is the first year that Osceola County public schools are using uniforms). That being said, he still got on the bus and managed to ride it back home too. I think he's having a tough time adjusting to first grade right now... new kids, new class, new teacher, etc... I know he'll be just fine, but I do hate to see him so sad.
Jacob started school on Monday as well... and he was not happy about it at all!!! I had to pick him up and carry him in there. Of course, when I got there to pick him up, he was all smiles... and he couldn't wait to go back on Wednesday. As for Katelyn, I had to pick her up and carry her OUT of the classroom... she did not want to leave and would have been perfectly content staying there at school.
Speaking of which, there is an opening at Jacob's preschool for Katelyn... it would be one day a week (3 1/2 hours). I really think Katelyn would enjoy it, but I have to wait and see when she is going to be scheduled for physical therapy. The orthopedic doctor wants her going twice a week for the next 6 months. Add that to the boys' schedule, MOPS and choir, and I'm just not sure if Katelyn will be able to go to school (the one day a week class only meets on Mondays) till after the new year. We'll see.
So, tropical storm Fay showed up on Tuesday... The county cancelled school, but reopened schools on Wednesday. We've had rain since Tuesday... but it seems to have let up a bit, and the sun is trying to make an appearance. The winds got somewhat gusty and we were under a tornado watch all day Tuesday, but things never got too bad. Yes, there are some trees in the neighborhood that couldn't hold up to the winds, but nothing bad. The wind and rain have made for interesting bus stop trips... but at least the bus can make it to our stop.
Andrew has flag football practice this evening. Scott is coaching his team... but he hasn't had a coaches meeting yet! Apparently there was a meeting last Tuesday, but he didn't even know he was a coach till Thursday! Andrew is very excited to be playing again... he even wore his mouthguard last night while he was folding his clothes to get used to it... it was quite a site!
More later...
3 comments:
My husband and I have been wondering how your family has been doing since the storm hit your state. Thanks for sharing the updates. Sounds like you have lots of adjustments going on in your household with school start-up. Josie HATES daycare. It's been so hard at night. I can't wait until it's October and everyone is used to their routines again. Hugs.
Wow! IF summer wasn't fun enough now we are intothe throws of fall! Glad to hear you are weathering the storm well, and I'm sure the school adjustments will find thier grounding in the coming weeks. We don't start pre-K for another two weeks, but its at the same time I return to work, so curious to see how it goes. Hang in there, but it sounds like you are doing great! Angela
Wow! IF summer wasn't fun enough now we are intothe throws of fall! Glad to hear you are weathering the storm well, and I'm sure the school adjustments will find thier grounding in the coming weeks. We don't start pre-K for another two weeks, but its at the same time I return to work, so curious to see how it goes. Hang in there, but it sounds like you are doing great! Angela
Post a Comment