Sunday, October 16, 2011

Team Gower Power

We are a little less than TWO WEEKS from the WALK-N-ROLL for Spina Bifida event here in Orlando, FL. This is the Spina Bifida Association of Central Florida's inaugural WALK-N-ROLL event, and we're super excited about it!!!! We already have 290 people registered, and we anticipate around 500 participants the day of. The families and supporters have raised almost $30K, but we really need to try to get up to $50K. If you don't know what Spina Bifida is, you can click on the tab towards the top of this blog to learn more... or visit www.spinabifidaassociation.org.

In order to promote the event, we are showcasing several of our members. We hope to put a face to Spina Bifida and redefine how people view this complex birth defect. Here's one of the posters of Katelyn & Courtney.



If you are willing and able, please consider donating to Team Gower Power. Just click HERE to visit our team page. Your donation will help us continue our mission to promote the prevention of Spina Bifida and enhance the lives of all affected.

Thank you to all those that have already donated!!!!   :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Nicole - Thank you so much for this Spina Bifida info you've provided. It has been such a blessing to my husband and I as we've committed to bringing home our little Elyse. (My husband adores the way your daughter says Spina Biff-Da in the video and now he says it that way often, too.)

I'm wondering if you would mind if I use some of the info you have on your Spina Bifida Info page. I'm about to share via our blog that Elyse has SB, and want to do it to educate. I love your info - it made so much sense to us when we were doing our research.

Again, thank you for all your help these past 3-4 months. I cannot even begin to tell you what a blessing you and your girls are to me.

- Katie
katiekomada@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hello. We are in the process of adopting a child from China with Spina Bifida. He had it repaired in China and his cord untethered. He is 17 months old and crawling and standing. Do you know of other from the US that are willing to talk or email those that are in the process of adopting to provide more info.

Nicole said...

zhou.and.mc

I would be happy to talk with you, but I need to have a way to contact you. Please feel free to email me personally at ngower8875@embarqmail.com