Thursday, June 10, 2010

June 10th...

A day we'll never forget... two years ago today we met Katelyn for the first time. It was a tough day... she was obviously not happy and not impressed with us in the least, but she warmed up to us. I remember sneaking a peek at her in the lobby of the hotel prior to our "official" meeting time... I remember a scared little girl. I remember how she smelled that day, how her hair felt and how her joints popped when she moved. I remember her cries and the tears (from both of us). I remember carrying her downstairs to look at the fish in the lobby pond... and seeing her look happy. I remember all the emotions wrapped up in that one crazy day.

 
 Katelyn shortly after being placed in my arms...

 Back up in our room... 


in Guangzhou a week later...

June 10, 2009... wearing the same outfit

Our beautiful daughter!

Two years later she's a happy little girl. She was so excited to look at her special China pictures this morning. She loves talking about how she didn't know us, but now she does and she's so happy. And now she's a big sister! Wow. I never would have guessed, back then, that we would have taken a second trip to China, less then two years later, to bring home our second daughter, Courtney. Amazing how life unfolds!!!

So... what are we doing today??? Well, today happens to be Jacob's graduation from VPK!!!!!! It's also the last day of school in our county. Guess there's lots of celebrating to do! Maybe we'll have to swing by DQ and have some yummy treats after graduation... Congrats, Jacob!! Next stop... Kindergarten!!! And congrats to Andrew for completing 2nd grade. This weekend Andrew will be moving up from a Wolf to a Bear in Scouts... Great job, Andrew! We are so blessed to have such wonderful kids!!!

Quick update... here are pics from Jacob's graduation...
the girls getting ready to go

Jacob and his "girlfriend"

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Two years...amazing how fast it goes!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Happy 2 Yyars! It's gone by so fast. Amazing how much your family has changed. I'm just so happy for you, Nicole. Sounds like today is a perfect reason for a DQ. Today is Josie's birthday. We're celebrating with superman ice cream tonight.

Hugs!

kitchu said...

cannot believe the time has flown by this quickly! it's been so long since i've visited your site too!