Wednesday, February 18, 2009

MRI Scheduled

I received the orders for Katelyn's MRI today... the doctor wants it scheduled ASAP, but the earliest available date is April 13th. Praise God that we know the gentleman that does the MRIs at the children's hospital. He will do what he can to move up her appointment date.

Katelyn's physical therapist (Judith) even commented that she was falling more often today. I told Judith that we were scheduling an MRI and follow-up visit with the Neurosurgeon. She did mention that there is a hospital about an hour from our house that might be able to get Katelyn in for an MRI rather quickly, so we'll keep that in our "back pocket" in case we can't get an earlier appointment.

At this point, there's no doubt in my mind that Katelyn's cord is tethered. We knew this from the previous MRI, but since she was not displaying any symptoms, the neurosurgeon said we should just monitor her. While I'm concerned for Katelyn's comfort and continued mobility, I am not concerned about the need for surgery. I know that if the surgery is necessary, than it's all part of God's plan... and who am I to question His plans? While there are some risks associated with the surgery, the risks of not doing the surgery (with her current symptoms present) are worse.

More to come...

3 comments:

Erica said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you now. I hope that you will be able to take her quickly for the MRI and the surgery if needed. Let me know if you need anything!

Love you!
Erica

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm glad you are well connected to the medical community and have explored and researched everything. I hope you can find an MRI appt sooner than 4/13. You are all in our prayers.

Laurie said...

You know I am praying for all of you...hang in there.

Love ya!

Laurie