When we went to Katelyn's SB Clinic appointment last month we decided to keep monitoring her over the next couple of months for tethered cord symptoms. She had started complaining about her back hurting. The neurosurgeon said to just keep an eye on her for 2 months and see what happens... if she kept complaining or if things got worse, then we would schedule another MRI to see if there was significant tethering.
A couple of weeks ago I noticed her left foot turning in more than normal. Her physical therapist thought it was just because we were strengthening other muscles, but something just doesn't sit right with me.
Yesterday, Scott said Katelyn fell down in the Sanctuary while I was conducting handbell rehearsals. He didn't actually see her fall, but he said she did seem to have issues with her right leg afterwards. Then, she was fine. This morning she had some right leg weakness, but then she was running around and jumping. Every so often her right leg appeared to just kind of give out on her and she'd fall. Now I'm wondering if she injured herself when she fell, or if perhaps her right leg was weak and that caused her to fall yesterday.
It hasn't been 2 months since the clinic appointment, but if these are indeed tethered cord symptoms, I don't want to wait any longer. If it is a tethered cord issue, we would want to schedule surgery sooner rather than later so she doesn't sustain any permanent/irreversable nerve damage.
Our nurse coordinator recommended calling the neurosurgeon, which I did... so now we're just waiting to hear back about when her appointment and MRI will be scheduled. I'll post updates here when I find anything out...
4 comments:
Prayers to you sweetie! I am the nonw wait type Mom-I would be going nuts-o watching her ever move!
I pray it's nothing major. Please know that I'm here for you, Nicole. Going through all of Josie's surgeries and having the support of friends and family was so vital. Let me know how I can help.
Love ya!!
We'll keep Katelyn in our prayers, Nicole. Thanks for letting us know. A mommy knows her baby like no other. Good for you for keeping on top of it.
Keep us posted.
Jennifer
Wonderful to spend some time with y'all this evening. Your kids are a blast. We will keep an eye on the blog for Katelyn's continung treatment and pray for her as well.
Post a Comment