Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday. We certainly did! The kids woke us up around 7am... much later than I had expected. They had already unwrapped some gifts the day before, so Katelyn was more than ready to continue on and unwrap some more!


Katelyn did have a tough day, though. I think it was just a little too much for her. Maybe even sensory overload. She had several meltdowns throughout the day. Guess we'll keep her birthday party kind of low-key this year.


Here are several pics from the past couple of days.

Daddy and Andrew begin the process of building the castle...

Andrew did 95% of the work himself... here he is with the completed castle!

Here's the other side of the castle

Jacob with his spy gear he got from Nana and Pops
(the Star Wars gun was not included)

Jacob's new Milennium Falcon!!! Thanks Ebay!

Gifts from Grandlynn and Grandken

Katelyn rocking out with a box that Daddy's shorts came in

Katelyn and her new vanity set

Katelyn and her bear from Nana and Pops

Katelyn with her new pjs made by Grandma
(and matching pjs for her doll... also made by Grandma)
Notice the little hospital bracelet Katelyn is wearing...
she had a follow-up ultrasound of her bladder and kidneys
done on Wednesday - she did great!!!

So, what do we do now??? Well, tomorrow we're off to surprise someone... can't say who till after we get back! I'll be sure to take pics, though. Then on Sunday the kids and I will head down to my parents for a couple of days. Then we'll head back home on Tuesday... just in time to prepare for Rock Band Night at church on Wednesday. Yeah, I know, Rock Band and church don't really go together... but it does for us. We host a New Year's Eve party at church where everyone can play games... the featured one being Rock Band. We had a great time doing it last year and decided to do it again.
One last thing... I've mentioned the Baobei Foundation a couple of times now. If anyone would like to donate supplies to this foundation, please let me know. They are in need of several things...
Baby Clothes (boy and girl, 0-12months)
Baby hats (keep babies' heads warm after surgery)
Baby blankets
Diaper Rash Cream (babies need to stay on tummy for a while after surgery... rashes are common, and cream is not readily available in China)
I will be shipping boxes of items to Shanghai starting January 9th. This will be an ongoing project, so please consider helping. You can email me for my mailing address.

3 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Merry Christmas Gower family!! I love all the pictures. Isn't it nice to have Katelyn home this year for Christmas. I feel so blessed to be on the other side of this journey now.

PS. Josie has been struggling with biting, hitting and constant meltdowns since her hand surgery. I even posted a picture of one of her famous tantrums last night. Whew. We haven't seen this kind of behavior since March. This cast has brought out the worst in her. Sigh....

Don and Be said...

Katelyn - are you booking for entertainment at New Year's Eve parties? Andrew, if I ever build another house, I want you to design it. Jacob, I just may need a body guard someday (everyone thinks I look like Brad Pitt), so I think youdaman!
Happy New Year, Y'all,
Don

Carrie said...

Wow I have not been to you site in a while I can't believe how big she has gotten and the boys too! Bug hugs to you all!