I really don't know what to say... we're all in complete shock. Please read the following email I received.
Hi this is Carrie's friend and I know this my not be a good way to give this sort of news but I know so many of you spoke with Carrie on line and in yahoo groups so we did not have phones numbers and such but wanted to let you all know the horrible tragedy that happen to their sweet girl MJ. On Friday evening MJ was picking up toys from around the pool area at their home Carrie was just outside the door letting their dog out and Carrie heard a loud noise when she turned around MJ was laying on her back with part of her legs into the water. The pool deck was wet from rain . In the past 6years I have been very close with Carrie and her family and I can tell you from just being around MJ she falls very easy sometimes probably due to her CP and her balancing issues. Although Carrie did not see her fall the Dr's have concluded that she must have slipped and fell and hit the back off her head. Carrie ran to MJ and picked her up and MJ eyes rolled back into her head she immediately called 911. MJ was air lifted to Shanes Hospital in Gainsville and they did a emergency Craniotomy and stopped the bleeding. They also had to do a right front lobeectomy due to the increasing swelling off the brain. The family just could not understand that a fall like this could injury MJ in this way. The Dr said due to her Malnutrition from China that she was had very fragile bones, skin and even veins and arteries and it is almost like when you are an old person how fragile they are and how easy it is for them to injury their bodies. After three days MJ just went on to be with our Lord in Heaven.
I met Carrie online while waiting for Katelyn's referral (through our agency waiting child yahoo group). Carrie and her family live here in Florida and made the trip to come to Katelyn's welcome home party. I met MJ, and she was a delightful little girl.
Stunned... shocked... sad.
1 comment:
I'm so sorry. What a horrible tragedy. Please know that they will be in my prayers. Hugs.
Post a Comment